As of Monday 14 September 2020, all social visits, including from main carers, will re-start however there are new rules in place to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Visiting is limited to two visitors from the same household.
- Visits will last just one hour, from 1400 to 1500, seven days per week.
- Visitors must complete this declaration and consent form.
- Visitors must have their temperature taken before being allowed to enter the hospital. Any visitor with a temperature of 37.8 C or above will not be allowed to enter the hospital.
- All visitors will be subject to a physical search before they enter the hospital.
- All visitors must wear face masks provided by the hospital, or a face shield if they are unable to wear face masks.
- Face masks or shields must be worn for the duration of the visit.
- In order to minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19, visitors and patients are not allowed any form of physical contact.
- Please note: child visits continue to be suspended at this time.
We are able to offer virtual visits as an alternative for individuals who are on the patients’ approved visitors list.
All virtual visits must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
Please note: to take part in a virtual visit, you will need a device - either a PC, tablet, laptop, iPad or similar with a camera, microphone and speaker, an internet connection and an email address.
If you need help completing the form or need to speak to a social worker, please call 01344 754523
Telephone, letter and email contact at this time continue to be available.
Booking your visit
Please book all visits in advance by contacting the hospital reception, at least three days before the day on which you want to visit, on 01344 754565.
Visits including children should be booked using the same system, but there are specific rules for these visits. For information about child visits, please see below.
When you book, please give us details of any other people visiting with you. Only visitors who are approved on a patient’s visit list can enter the hospital. There’s only space for three visitors per patient at any one time in the visits centre.
We’ll send written confirmation of the visit to the person making the booking and we’ll also make sure the patient knows the details.
If you’re coming in for a Mental Health Tribunal (MHT) or care programme approach (CPA) meeting, you can also book a visit with a patient for the same day via reception. Please give us three days’ notice if you would like to do this.
Main visit centre
Most visits take place in the visits centre. All visits involving children take place in the child visits suite.
Visiting times: 10am-12 noon and 2pm-4pm, every day except Christmas Day.
Visiting times: Monday-Sunday, 9.30am-11.30am, 2.30pm -4.30pm.
There are no visits on Christmas Day
Most visits take place in the Visits Centre. All visits involving children take place in the Child Visit Suite.
For more information on visits, please see Information for Carers.
For more information on child visits, please see Information about Child Visits
01344 77 3111 (main reception)