In an attempt to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19), please be aware that as of 5th November 2020, all social visits, including from main carers, have now been stopped at Broadmoor Hospital.
Wherever possible, we are asking that legal consultations take place over the phone.
We understand that this may be upsetting for you and patients.
The Broadmoor Social Work team will continue to support you through these difficult times and we are exploring some alternative means of communication between patients and their families and will update you accordingly.
If you need to speak to a Social Worker,
please contact 01344 754523
Just to remind you, you can still have telephone, letter and email contact at this time.
We thank you for your consideration nd are sure you will understand that stopping all social visits is to keep both yourselves and patients, safe from the spread of Coronavirus
Patients at Broadmoor benefit greatly from keeping in touch with their families and friends while they are in hospital and we encourage visits from family and friends.
- 2nd to 24th December. No visits on 25th and 26th. Visits to recommence on 27th to 31st December. We will then review national guidance on whether visits can continue.
- Visits 7 days per week, from 1400 to 1500
- Maximum of 5 patients to attend the central visits centre at any one time
- No more than 2 visitors. They must reside in the SAME household
- In order to ensure that all patients have the opportunity to have visits. Visitors will only be permitted to visit patients once during this period
- Visitors must not reside in a Tier 3 area
- All visitors must wear face protection, have their temperature taken and complete a visitors’ questionnaire
- Child visits are included, on the same conditions as above
- Carers should be reminded that we are improving virtual visits, by introducing multiple household visits, to a maximum of 3 households. All virtual visitors must have visited the hospital, or exceptional approval sought from Leeanne.
Booking your visit
Please book all visits in advance by contacting the hospital reception, at least three days before the day on which you want to visit, on 01344 754565.
Visits including children should be booked using the same system, but there are specific rules for these visits. For information about child visits, please see below.
When you book, please give us details of any other people visiting with you. Only visitors who are approved on a patient’s visit list can enter the hospital. There’s only space for three visitors per patient at any one time in the visits centre.
We’ll send written confirmation of the visit to the person making the booking and we’ll also make sure the patient knows the details.
If you’re coming in for a Mental Health Tribunal (MHT) or care programme approach (CPA) meeting, you can also book a visit with a patient for the same day via reception. Please give us three days’ notice if you would like to do this.
Main visit centre
Most visits take place in the visits centre. All visits involving children take place in the child visits suite.
Visiting times: 10am-12 noon and 2pm-4pm, every day except Christmas Day.
Visiting times: Monday-Sunday, 9.30am-11.30am, 2.30pm -4.30pm.
There are no visits on Christmas Day
Most visits take place in the Visits Centre. All visits involving children take place in the Child Visit Suite.
For more information on visits, please see Information for Carers.
For more information on child visits, please see Information about Child Visits
01344 77 3111 (main reception)